Saturday, January 21, 2012

From booze to burlesque

Out on a Friday night like the rest of the Nation, however I'm sat outside with work friends next to the Thames, it's a beautiful evening, no one can quite believe it's still January; not just because of the weather but because January has to be the looongest month ever. It should be illegal for January to be this long.

So conversation is flowing; as the drinks flow, the topics naturally turns somewhat blue, and they quickly turn to me for two reasons: Single girl dating in London and the discovery that I've finally started my Burlesque lessons.

The tales of dating start to come out, including the unfortunate experience with one 'gentleman', who described his first date as: "I thought I'd pick you up from the tube, go for a drive, we can have chat. Then if you like, I have a 4x4 with tinted windows... we can go and park up somewhere, and climb into the back seat...". ummm No. was my answer, well my exact answer was "that is way too seedy, I feel you would have to give me some cash at the end of the evening"...So I didn't go on that date funnily enough. However the tale doesn't end there, oh no no nooo...so he calls me up, to apologise, fine. He's chatting away, trying to ask inappropriate question, I don't oblige with a reply, he starts to get excited and whimpering down the phone. Yep you guessed it, he's just cum down the phone. Nice, classy. My ear has just been raped. He finishes with an "oh ohhh umm I should probably go". Yes you really should! haha... Is this what dating has come to, wanking down the phone at people? Gents, should this ever cross your mind, word of advice, don't!

Everyone is in fits of laughter, at least it was good for one thing.

So the conversation turns to the burlesque, and the ultimate question, "when is your show?", having only started last Tuesday, I feel somewhat ill-prepared to answer that question. However the lesson was great and a lot of fun, from wiggling your hips and shaking your ass, to pulling gloves off with your teeth. Pulling silly (meant to be sexy) faces in the mirror and trying to wipe the big smile off my face and turn it into something with attitude haha. Next week - de-robbing, watch this space. It's funny though, strutting down the street, in a bar, wherever, no problem but put a group of 20 girls in a room and suddenly everyone is overwhelmingly self-conscious, roll on Tuesday!   

I'll end it there with the final part of the conversation as a director turned to me and said "so you'll be performing at the summer party then?".



















No comments:

Post a Comment